2014/10/13

British Fair 2014

I posted about the event last year. Let me say this once again.

The British Fair is held at a well-known department store in Osaka at this time of every year. Tens of thousands of Anglophiles flooded during the fair. Especially, tea and scones captivate so many people every year. And it is no exception this year, either. Yes, no exception… Maybe you can see it from the picture.



People queued up for three hours to get a popular tearoom Bettys tea, for one and half hours to get fish and chips, and for hours to eat cream tea served by Davenports Tea room. Long long queues were everywhere. Unfortunately, I’m not patient, so I gave up joining in such a long queue, but luckily I was able to have “English Breakfast” without waiting long.(served by Eckington Manor, Worcestershire). Baked beans, sausages, scrambled eggs, and mushroom…..Baked beans are not popular in Japan. The taste of English sausages are different from that of Japanese ones. So I was happy to have the dish for the first time in a long time. That reminded me of my staying at London many many years ago. 

I gave in to such a crowd and didn't stay at the venue that long. Even so I felt "the sense of British" enough, which made me very happy.


Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...